Samuel Beckett’s famous play Waiting for Godot attracts famous actors who want to do something interesting on stage, and this has led to some powerful pairings. Mel Gibson and Geoffrey Rush. Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. Nathan Lane and John Goodman. But perhaps the most star-studded cast happened in 1988.
- Steve Martin (of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Jerk)
- Robin Williams (of Aladdin and The Fisher King)
- F. Murray Abraham (of Amadeus and Homeland)
- Bill Irwin (a respected theatre actor, but I know him best as Mr Noodle on Elmo’s World)
- Lukas Haas (Mars Attacks!)
It was not well reviewed.
I live in Auckland, New Zealand, and am curious about most things.